In the below pic you can see the two rubber bushes in the left of the knuckle, the mounting at the bottom right is where the heim joint is pressed in. First job is to get the inner flange out of the main bearing. This is not an easy job. Pressing it out would be nice, but it doesnt really fit in the press due to the width of the flange which is designed to mate the face of the disc rotor. It is standard and expected procedure (according to the GM workshop manual) that the bearing will be destroyed while removing the flange, and they're spot on. I used a large socket as a drift to knock (bash!) the flange out, and it destroyed the bearing in the process, but that's ok it's supposed to come apart at disassembly.
A 32mm socket fits perfectly.
...and then the bearing housing can be pressed out fairly easily in the press - its a massive unit!
Then the kncuckle is stripped and ready to go to for sandblasting
I have also removed all the bushes from the other rear suspension components, lower arms, trailing arms etc, they too are all heading off to be sandblasted and then will get painted up nice and new, and get new poly bushings.